Saturday, June 4, 2011

You Can Make A Closed Door Look Nice Too!

Living in an apartment can really stifle your decorating creativity.  I'm not sure how it works in other parts of the country but where we live walls are never painted anything other than white or light beige and you aren't allowed to change them. That is just one of the many irritating things that come with living in an apartment. But none of this means you can't have a cozy place to call home, and if you are creative you can make it look better than it really is.

I got today's idea from another blogger that I love Kandee Johnson, she comes up with lots of great stuff. So thanks to her my own creativity was sparked.  She recently did a post about a D-I-Y flower ball.  I have seen them online and in stores for $7 or more. I have a lot of art supplies, so I had everything I needed at home already including a lot of left over silk flowers in my closet.  I decided to take Kandee's how to and make a smaller version with some added ribbon to hang on my hall closet door.  It was very easy, and it really added a nice touch to my bland hall way.

All you need is a styrofoam ball.
A glue gun with some extra glue sticks
Some ribbon and flowers.

I glued the ribbon on first so I could cover the ends with flowers. Then I started to glue away.  (Tip: take off all the the stems and leaves)  Once I placed the flower I also pushed a little so the back of the  flower head went into the the ball to give it an extra sturdiness.

Here is the final result. Hope you like it as much as I do !

- Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment