Sunday, June 5, 2011

What Happened to The Art of Letter Writing?

Technology is a great thing if you don't let it control your life.  I think one of the negative effects technology has had on us is the loss of good old fashioned letter writing.  I still love to write hand written notes and cards, it says I took a little extra time to think about you.  I have collected stationary for a long time and every time I have a chance to write a card or letter I do.

Today I am posting about the lost art and how you can bring it back with little effort and a little extra personalization.

I love the dollar bins at Michael's! I can get great stuff and a ton of inspiration for just a few bucks.  I had in my stationary box a pack of blank ivory cards I found a while back.  So I decided to get the glue, paint and what ever else I could find to use and get my creative brain working.


Here are a few that I have made.  Trust me when I tell you these will make someone feel much more special  instead of the ones you pick up last minute at the gas station.

When we were kids we always made home made cards and our mothers loved them and treasured them forever.  So why does that have to stop as we become adults?  It doesn't. I'm not suggesting you get out the box of crayons and color away.  But there are beautiful ways to decorate them yourself.

Hope you get inspired to write a thoughtful note soon - Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment