Friday, May 27, 2011

Welcome to Sneak Treats!

Hello to everyone out in internet land!

This is the first post on this blog, I'm so excited!

I had the idea to create this blog after getting many inquires about my homemade projects.  Basically I love to create things, anything at all, once an idea pops into my head. Mostly this blog will have my baking, cooking, and what I like to call fun project ideas.  Most of my idea's revolve around how to do things for less $.  But it's also about making little tweaks that I do to food to make it a little healthier.  I also have many idea's on things that look expensive and hard to make, but how they can have shortcuts to make your life a little easier. Sometimes I will probably even post about my attempts at new idea's and together we can discover if they work out or not :)

This first idea is what I call "Put On A Happy Face" Cookies!

I am a very lucky lady in that I have a fantastic Mother in Law, so this idea was a gift for her.  She loves anything Smiley Face related.  So I made her a plate of Smiley Face cookies.  During their creation I could not help but sing "Gray skies are going to clear up, put on a happy face"... I dare anyone to make these cookies and not find themselves in a good mood.  How could you not when you have dozens of Smiley Faces looking at you!?!

What do you think? (Yes, the card was also a Smiley Face that I made)

So here is my "Sneak" trick at making these "Treats"...
You could certainly make your own sugar cookies from scratch, however after comparing the price of the individual ingredients to the pre-made cookie dough in the frozen aisle, I actually saved money by buying the pre-made roll.  Not only did I save $ but I saved a lot of time by doing this.

After baking the cookies I made a simple powdered sugar icing.

2cups powdered sugar
3-4 Tablespoons of milk
and a little yellow food coloring.

I iced the cookies, used matching m&m's for the eyes, a little brown pre-made frosting for the smile and Viola!

For an easy icing bag just fill a sandwich bag in the corner with icing, squeeze out the air, close the bag, snip the corner tip and your ready to draw!!!

I hope you enjoy this first post.
Happy Eating - Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment